Yap Chong Yee

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Malaysians Unplugged Uncensored

Malaysians Unplugged Uncensored
I believe that to say it is education that turns the Jews into such outstanding contributors to the advancement of mankind is too simplistic, because Indiands, Chinese, English, Americans, Dutch, Malays ..etc....etc too respect education as the key to success and fortune; but why is it that since we all respect education alike, why is it that the Jews succeed better than all others. Therefore it is not just education because if it were then the Malays in Malaysia must produce the biggest number of success; since all the universities in Malaysia are 90% reserved for Malays. That said, it disproves the writer's thesis that education is the determinant that excels the Jews as the people that has produced the most innovators, scientists, generally the most numerous contributors to the advancement of mankind.

I believe the biggest factor that refutes the author's claim is the fact that all those GREATS of Jewish descent come from very diverse countries, most of them from the USA, England, Germany and generally from European countries, I think more important than merely having a university degree is the environment, culture of the country from where they came from is more likely the essential nurturing that has produced these great men. This is not to diminish the fact that "the East" has not produced great thinkers and scholars that match the greatness of the Europeans. Great men, thinkers teachers philosophers and leaders have come from India, Japan, China, Iran, Iraq etc..etc.. None of us really need a univeristy degree to prove our worth, because a degree is only paper recognition that the person had undertaken a course of study, but it is no evidence that the holder has the learning and brain power than he can adequately function in the job for which he had been trained for. I always say what is the difference between buying a degree and one who had been PUSHED UP THE ACADEMIC LADDER, but knows nothing what to do in his job ? There are lots of those.

T think the Jews are great because they are a people who are honest, ethical, and above everything else, they are a persecuted people. They had faced discrimination for a thousand years and more. I believe that it is this sense of persecution and discrimination that has steeled the Jews to work harder than most others. I can empathise with the Jews because I as Chinese face the same travails and the need to succeed. To my Chinese brothers & sisters, I say to you that you can earn a degree by distance education. You do not need formal university attendance to obtain a degree; distance education will give you the right conditions to learn more and more effectively. SELF DICIPLINE AND SELF STUDY ARE THE BEST CONDITION TO BECOME THE REAL THING !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home