Ezam return to UMNO is no trojan horse move
I am more inclined to think of Ezam’s return to UMNO as the action of an opportunist. It was the prevailing opinion that with the jailing of Dato Seri Anwar, his career was in every way over, and his misfortune was further compounded by the poor performance of PKR in the first election led by his wife as leader. These two factors mus have disillusioned Ezam and hence his resignation from PKR.
I believe if “Pakatan” had not performed as well as they did, Pak Lah would not have reached his hand out to Ezam to return to UMNO, but the dismal performance by the BN had spooked Pak Lah, and his enticement of Ezam to return to UMNO gave his strategic moves a nice touch of victory or the perception of victory. The author of this article had correctly observed that although UMNO is a wounded bull, it is still a bull because it is still alive but wounded. UMNO is still the government and Mamak Mahatir is a mere “retired PM”, and so goes for Ku Li.
I can see that it is the ambition of Ezam to see himself as a possible successor, eventually to replace Pak Lah; I believe he fancies himself as the white knight and that among the ranks of UMNO leaders, he will manage a coup from behind. I really do not pay any premium for any sophisticated moves by Ezan to execute a TROJAN HORSE “play”. As a matter of fact I totally rule out any suggestion of a trojan horse move.
I believe that the best move for Pak Lah at this juncture to retain his hold on the leadership of UMNO is to remain steadfast and to rely on his own POWER OF INCUMBENCY to do the rest. It is important for him to let the ambitions of those who aspire to high office in UMNO to COURT HIS FAVORS, than to do it himself; that way he will be seen as a strong and charismatic leader in his own right.
It is no secret that I root for the incumbency of Pak Lah to remain because with Pak Lah holding the leadership of UMNO, the unity of the Malays will always be divided and the Chinese will gain the initiative to hold the power of the swing vote, and the position of the kingmaker. So long as Pak Lah holds power, Malay power will be divided and the Chinese will become an equally important player; Malaysian politics will be the shared power of 3 equal components of 2 Opposing Malay groups and one Chinese swing voter bank ! Like it or not I just cannot see a return to the status quo.
I write this opinion openly because I want those MCA “UMNO dogs” to know that they need to push UMNO out of government, TO SWING THE PENDULUM” so to speak. The Chinese just cannot swing the pendulum if UMNO remains in government. As simple as that !

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home