Yap Chong Yee

Sunday, January 04, 2009

Malaysians Unplugged Uncensored

Malaysians Unplugged Uncensored

Big debate and lots to say. In times when there is no elction on the day it is alright to talk shit and no one is the wiser, but when there is a very crucial election on the card, where is the wisdom of debating an issue when PAS is courting the no-Malay votes ? Anyway to me as a Chinese and when I see and hear that PAS is going to impose the Hudad I get to be a bit jumpy. Earlier on in this debate when I wrongly thought that Huddad only applied to Muslims, I supported whole-heartedly because it is the Malay hands, Malay stoning to death for adultry, chop off Malay hands for theft and other just as gruesome medievil practises that could only apply to the Muslims; WHAT DO I CARE, if you Malays want such religious practices ? IT DOES NOT APPLY TO ME,, SO WHAT ? But when there is talk that it could apply to all irrespective of race and religion, then that is different. Anyway I do not live in KT but if I did I would also shy away from supporting PAS; it is perfectly OK if you want to chop off Malay hands, but not when I am also roped in for the chopping.

I believe that PAS is captive to their own Rhytoric and they are not able to translate and transform their ideology to adapt to modern times. Huddad belongs to the era of the Prophet Mohd. and Pas is unable to be creative and hence locked into their own 7th century world of superstition and religious dogma; be that as it may but their baggage is weighing down the more relevant and progress platform of Pakatan Rakyat. The fact that PKR & DAP are the senior partners of this opposition coalition demonstrates that Malaysian is reaching an unprecedented level of achievement and maturity and that the ideology of PAS is DATED and of less relevance. The phenomenon of March 8 is the first step in a journey of a 1,000 li to transform Malaysia into a modern nation, of democracy and human rights and above everything else, to be a democracy of INCLUSIVENESS where we are judged by our own performance and society is colour blind. This ideal that forms the platform of Pakatan Rakyat as represented by the ideology of DAP & PKR IS NO FIT FOR A PAS that is mired in their 7th century MIND SET. It is best to let PAS join their soul mate and kin in the UMNO. PAS equals UMNO; they are like hand & glove.

1 Comments:

At 7/1/09 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sad to see in times like this when we are trying hard to forge the Malaysian Malaysia identity that transcends race and religion, your comments that ....

"I supported whole-heartedly because it is the Malay hands, Malay stoning to death for adultry, chop off Malay hands for theft and other just as gruesome medievil practises that could only apply to the Muslims; WHAT DO I CARE, if you Malays want such religious practices ? IT DOES NOT APPLY TO ME,, SO WHAT ?"...

just goes to show that a bedrock of racialism still exist in people just like you.

Surprisingly when you put aside your racist views, some of your analysis, are not too bad. Pity.

And before you imply that I am a Malay voicing out against you, do know that I am a Sikh. Though my race nor religion should not matter.

So please try to change. Let go of the racist filters that continues to limit your vision.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home