Yap Chong Yee

Thursday, February 28, 2008

YEAR OF CHANGE PART 3

YEAR 2008 THE YEAR THAT MALAYSIA WILL CHANGE OR BUST !

PART THREE


I read an article in yesterday’s Malaysiakini ( Feb./27) that voters need to punish UMNO, but I believe more correctly that UMNO, MCA and MIC should not exist any longer because fundamentally the reason for the continued existence has too long ago become irrelevant. These three race based Parties were cobbled together willy nilly to bring together the three main races of Malaya for the purpose of agitating for an independent Malaya from the colonial rule of the British. The three “leaders”, of the Tengku, Sambantan and Tan Cheng Lock did not represent the Chinese and Indians, while the Tengku’s leadership, well on that issue I leave it to the Malays to decide; but in the case of Tan Cheng Lock, he was a close friend of the Tengku’s and he was “brought along” as one of the leaders representing the Chinese. His participation had no legitimacy whatsoever, and by the way Cheng Lock is a BABA, what does he know about Chinese interests ?

Malaysia is in all and every way a HOTCH POCH of 3 separate communities living under one “roof”, and in all of the 50 years of independence UMNO had made no attempt nor made any effort to remove the race barriers and build a harmonious and united modern nation. On the contrary the politics of UMNO has always been to DIVIDE ALL THE THREE RACES SO THAT UMNO WILL RULE MALAYSIA PERMANENTLY. Therefore it has always been the politics of UMNO to hog all the nation’s largess for their own cronies, a small clique of privileged families who claim descend from their original “founding fathers”. The whole structure of UMNO is geared towards perpetuating this objective. The MCA & MIC dogs are the slaves and hangers on of UMNO waiting by the UMNO dining table waiting for the scraps that are thrown from the UMNO main table dinners. It is absolutely disgraceful to watch these MCA & MIC dogs hanging their tongues out begging for a TUN or a Tan Seri or a Datoship. I will today take on the mission to expose why UMNO ought to be destroyed for the good of Malaysia.

(1) RACIAL DISCRIMINATION !
UMNO has used racial discrimination as the bait to draw support from the Malay rakyat to perpetuate their hold on power, and the continued retention of this ugly and medieval policy has been the most damaging and regressive factor that stymied the growth and progress of the Malay people. It is a pity that those in UMNO cannot see what the extent of damage that they have brought on their own people by prolonging their use of racial discrimination for the purpose of retaining power for themselves.

I will confront head on this issue and argue why the power of UMNO to take for the Malays all the fruits of the nation and give it all to the Malays IS NOT A GOOD THING FOR THE MALAYS. Is this not what the Malays believe UMNO is doing for them as Malays, and that Malays TAKING IT ALL IS GOOD FOR THE MALAYS ? My argument will seem futile from the perspective of the Malays, BUT I ASSURE THAT IT IS THE OPPOSITE. I will prove that UMNO’s racial discrimination is very bad for the Malays.

(a) AWARD of scholarships exclusively to only Malays (please do not quibble, I know that a tinny few do go to non Malays, miniscule); so why is that bad for the Malays ? The Malays will say yes it is very BAD for the Indians and Chinese but it is very good for the Malays. WRONG ! I tell the Malays to look around you Malays, and ask the question, who are the recipients of these government scholarships. CONSIDER this one question, “IS THERE A NATIONAL EXAMINATION TO SELECT THE APPROPRIATE AND MOST TALENTED MALAY
CANDIDATE ? To my knowledge there has never been such a selection process; therefore how are scholarship recipients selected ? They are selected by phone calls from the well connected UMNO stalwarts friends call friends and friends of friends call friends and so on, all HAVE TO BE WELL CONNECTED ! If you Malays care to admit it, these recipients of these government largess consist of a clutch full of about 5000 UMNO connected families, the other 23 million other unconnected Malays do not get to smell any of these goodies. Yes it is true that all the good stuff goes to Malays but who are the ones among the Malays who get to share in these largess ? Are these other non connected Malay families any better off than the Chinese or Indians ?
On one of my visits to KL I read a statement made by Najib comparing “MERITOCRACY” between Singapore and Malaysia, and he said that Malaysia too practice meritocracy. This is sufficient evidence of the standard of education that Najib has had; he has no idea what is meant by the word meritocracy, poor man ! In Malaysia in the manner that I have already described above, such a process is not merit based. IT IS CRONY BASED PROCESS. In Singapore only the best are justly awarded such scholarships. NOW I COME TO THE MOST INTERESTING PART OF MY ARGUMENT. If you agree that in Malaysia selection is by “POWER” connection, then it must be agreed that by logical deduction ONLY A CLUTCHFULL of well connected candidates will receive these scholarships. Then you will need to ask, WHAT IS SO BAD TO GIVE SCHOLARSHIPS TO ‘CONNECT CHILDREN ?” The only conclusion that can be drawn from this process is that only a very small ELITE belong to this group of “power connected” candidates. Therefore, not the very best & brightest of the Malay race will benefit from the process. This also means the process perpetuates the RULING CLASS OF A SMALL CLASS OF ELITES; and these recipients are the drags of Malay society; spoiled brats like that fellow Khairy Jamaluddin who is the butt of all the criticism that is coming from bloggers. The evils of the process is that for the last 50 years Malaysia had not produced any pool of Malay talents in any field of professional skills. Malay Engineers are as scarce “whale’s tooth” and in the field of science I don’t think any exist.
The question that you want to ask me is, WHAT HAS THIS TO DO WITH RACIAL DISCRIMINATION ? It has everything to do with racial discrimination, because under the first Malaysian Constitution there was provision under the constitution to set aside 1 out of 4 places in government employment, award of contracts and award of scholarships etc. to be awarded to minority races that means that 25% of government largess must by law go to minority; and under this enabling provision BUREAUCRATS who administer any programme that call for the fair distribution of government largess discriminates against the Chinese & Indians with impunity; thus began the eroding of this provision until today there are no consideration to be given to minority rights. IT BEGAN by bureaucrats abusing the system and awarded all government largess to Malays and by extension the laxity of the government led to CRONY POLITICS and this enabled these bureaucrats to abuse the system for the benefit exclusively FOR UMNO and their member families. This system has hardened and it is beyond reform. The only recourse is to destroy UMNO. Even if the Chinese & Indians do not agitate for a fair share of government largess, the Malays too need a fairer system to get the best returns for the Malays and hence the nation. UMNO is bad for Malays, Chinese & Indians alike. As for the MCA & the MIC, if there is no UMNO there also cannot exist the MCA & MIC.

THE ONLY GOOD SENSE FOR MALAYS, CHINESE & INDIANS IS TO DESTROY UMNO. VOTE THE OPPOSITION AND NO MATTER IF IT IS PAS, DAP OR KEADILAN.

Note that I will write another part to this one.


(2) DESTRUCTION OF THE LAW AND CORRUPTION OF JUDICIARY

3 Comments:

At 28/2/08 11:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr Yap,

Me again, JC. Really respect all your stamina and concern for all fellow Malaysians in Malaysia.

Really enjoy your blog as the more i read, the more i realised how ignorant I am in Malaysia politics and the happenings around us.

Really sad to see the country spiralling down. Hope this election will make a difference. I am really looking forward to 8 March 2008.

Will be really interesting to look at the outcome. Let's hope that this election will make a difference.

Most of ppl I know will be voting opposition!! YEA!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 29/2/08 11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr Yap,

JC again! Love reading and following your blog. After reading your blog and other blogs, i realised I am so ignorant of the "happenings" in Malaysia.

Really respect the energy and stamina of yours on matters relating to Malaysia's politics.

Support the OPPOSITION!!!! :D

 
At 4/3/08 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello JC !

Thank you for your enthusiastic support; it really is cheerful when one gets a response. I think you and two others have responded to my two years of posting on my blogg.

My wife & I had been disenfranchised by the bastardry of Judge Dato Zainon binti Mohd. Ali, judge of the Malaysian Court of Appeal. I set up my blog to publish the ignorance of the law of such a senior Malaysian judge. Her performance is an utter disgrace to her office.

I will be publishing a series of letters that I had written to the A-G, Chief Judge of Malaya & Chief Justice and to the President & Secretary of the Malaysian Bar Council and to lawyers picked randomly. I have now decided to cast my net further and I will write to all the comments section of all Malaysian Bloggers to publish my grievances against Judge Zainon binti Mohd. Ali.

You will be surprised that Judge Zainon binti Mohd. Ali had committed several criminal offences in her ignorance of the law. I wish you good cheer; at lest I know that one of you out there reads my publication.

On the problem that you stated, I will get my daughter to look into it, frankly I don’t even know what a “link” is, these things are too modrn for me.

Joe Yap

 

Post a Comment

<< Home