Yap Chong Yee

Sunday, July 13, 2008

COMMENT ON NEWSWEEK ON JUDGE ZAINON BINTI MOHD. ALI

IF THE MARCH 8TH MALAYSIAN ELECTIONS WERE RUN FAIRLY, THEN THERE IS NO DOUBT THAT ANWAR WILL BE THE PRIME MINISTER TODAY. Therefore like Zimbabwe, how is the opposition to be given a fair shot at taking government in a democratic process ?

I am a true believer in Chinese democracy with Chinese characteristics, but Malaysia as usual struts western style democracy, and I am doubtful if the Malays even know what western democracy is all about. If I am asked what is the single most important ingredient that is missing in the make up of Malaysian democracy, and the want of which makes a mockery of Malaysia’s claim that Malaysia is a modern democracy, my answer is the total lack of decency and a lack of ETHICS !

I will illustrate my wife’s case as an example which was illegally struck off for what the presiding Judge Dato Zainon binti Mohd. Ali, who is now promoted to the Bench of the Malaysian COURT OF APPEAL, unlawfully claims to show no cause of action, WHEN IN FACT AND IN LAW, THE RESPONDENTS THEMSELVES POSTED A VALID DEFENSE. What is more comical and disgracefully demonstrated by the utter INCOMPETENCE AND LACK OF LEGAL LEARNING OF JUDGE DATO ZAINON BINTI MOHD. ALI was the fact that Judge zainon binti Mohd. Ali, first approved Malaysian ringgit(M$) 60,000 as security for costs, which my wife paid “into court” (but instead was in fact paid into the hands of respondents); and duly accepted by all respondents; BUT INSTEAD OF SETTING SAID PETITION FOR TRIAL AS IS NORMAL IN ALL COMMONWEALTH JURISDICTIONS IN THE WORLD, JUDGE ZAINON BINTI MOHD. ALI LATER WENT ON TO APPROVE RESPONDENT’S (one of the 6 respondents) APPLICATION FOR STRIKING OUT OF SAID PETITION. Bear in mind that NO PRIOR APPLICATION WAS EVEN MADE TO SET ASIDE HER FIRST ORDER FOR SECURITY FOR COSTS. Therefore we have this comical and ridiculous situation WHEN JUDGE HAD MADE 2 CONTRADICTORY COURT ORDERS, each COURT ORDER canceling the other COURT ORDER. This situation is so very FUNNY that I laughed until I got sick.

I have written to the Chief Justice of Malaysia (old classmate of mine in Law School, Singapore and not of Uni, of Malaysia), the Malaysian Attorney General, President & Secretary of Malaysian Bar Council, Email to all Malaysian practicing Lawyers; but there was not a ripple of support from any.

This is what I mean when I say that the Malays do not have professional integrity, no Ethics, and no moral values. MALAYSIA IS LAWLESS.

IF READER IS INTERESTED TO KNOW HOW COMICAL JUDGE DATO ZAINON BINTI MOHD. ALI IS THEN YOU CAN READ MY BLOGG, AT
http ://yap.chongyee.blogspot.com. The ignorance and incompetence of Malaysian Judges is just hilarious !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home